I had my 36 week appointment today. At my last ultrasound (31 weeks) she was measuring at 88% (12 days ahead of schedule). Today she was in the 60th percentile (I can't remember the exact number), which is just slight above average. Her estimated weight is 6.8 pounds. My doctor is no longer worried about needing to induce early, but she did say she is not going to let me go past my due date. I could still have a 9 pound baby if I go to 40 weeks and she doesn't want to push it and risk me not being able to have a vaginal birth like I am hoping for. I am 1 centimeter dilate and 60% effaced, which is really good for 36 weeks. Now, I am just hoping that continues because I still do not want to have to wait another 4 weeks to meet my baby! I am getting impatient, not to mention uncomfortable! ;-) I know she will come when the time is right! We shall see if any thing progresses at my appointment next week!
Until then, C




Yay!!! How exciting for the three of you! I am glad they are not talking about inducing you....the whole "big baby" thing is such a myth! My friend just vaginally/drug-free delivered a 10 lb 6 oz baby! So YOU CAN DO IT ( I am saying that to me as much as you) :) I hope you enjoy these last few weeks as much as possible and I can't wait to see pictures of miss Georgia!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you :) Keeping prayers, I still need to meet up with you but I've been sick and so thats a no go. I'll let you know when I'm back to 100%
ReplyDelete