My little baby is already 2 weeks and 2 days old and what an amazing time it has been. I have laughed, cried, sat awestruck, been exhausted, invigorated and started all over again. Let me first that there is no way of knowing how having a baby is going to affect you until it happens. I never expected myself to be so protective or overwhelmingly in love with such a tiny little thing. Every time I look at her she takes my breath away. She is an angel sent to me directly from God and I am so eternally grateful. With all of that being said, let me start from the beginning. I have to give you the fast version because I have been trying to get this blog up for a few days now, but it's tough to type all of this with one hand. lol!
I was scheduled to go into the hospital at 8:30 pm on Tuesday, August 24th. Matt and I decided it would be fun to go to the Painted Potter on our way to the hospital to make something special for Georgia. We picked out a piggy bank and started painting it, but we didn't have enough time to finish it before they closed. So, we made our way over to the hospital at 8 pm. We got there early and were immediately put in our room. Shortly after, they began the Cervidil and we settled in for the night. They woke me up the next morning at 5 am to begin the pitocin. I had planned to have a pain medication free birth, but when my contractions started coming one on top of the other I asked for an epidural. I felt like a new woman after that! lol. I was able to talk and laugh in between pushing. I asked for a mirror since I couldn't feel anything so that I would be able to see what was successful. Matt was so great! He helped through the whole pushing stage and even cut the cord! Georgia was born at 5:22 pm, August, 25th, weighing 7 lbs 14 ounces. It was the most indescribable and, thanks to the epidural,
enjoyable experience of my life!
Georgia did have some trouble with reflux and had to have a couple of x-rays while we were still in the hospital, but it has gotten much better already. We were discharged around 5 pm Friday. Georgia's discharge weight was 7 lbs 7 ounces. My mom came to help us transition from the hospital to home. She brought us homemade dinner and even spent the night. It was nice just knowing there was another person here if something happened, but we made it just fine.
Due to the reflux, Georgia had to go to the doctor the Monday after we got home for a weight check. She was already back up to her birth weight! Then, on Tuesday the 7th, she had her 2-week visit and she had gone up to 8 lbs 9 ounces! Mommy and Daddy were so proud. We weren't so happy when she had to have her heel pricked for the newborn screen. Georgia cried like crazy. It was heartbreaking. :( She slept most of the day after that. All of that crying wore her out!
Here are some pictures from this week:
Mommy and Georgia on Tuesday after the 2-week check up.
Our little beauty at 2 weeks old!
We are so very blessed and we love her so much!




No comments:
Post a Comment